90 fast growing companies in Bosnia come from the Zenica region

The round table on "How to Increase the Competitivenessof Economy in the Zenica Region" was held in Zenica as part of the series of events organized by BBI VIP Business Club and BBI Bank with the aim of strengthening the overall BiH economy and competitiveness of BiH products on international markets.

The round table was organized in cooperation with the Chamber of Economy of the FBiH, the Chamber of Economy of Zenica Doboj Canton and the ZEDA Zenica Development Agency. The event was attended by more than 70 leading businessmen from this region.

"BBI Bank is committed to stimulating development of the economy and creating great business environment. In cooperation with the local communities, we have already created subsidized financing lines and made it possible for businessmen to have access to affordable sources of funding. Also, for the ninth year in a row, we are organizing Sarajevo Business Forum, as an investment conference aimed at bringing local entrepreneurs closer to international markets," said Amer Bukvić, President of the Management Board of BBI Bank in his introductory address. He added that only joint efforts and mutual support can help local businesses become competitive on the markets outside of BiH.

"BBI Bank representatives have just returned from Bahrain and Oman where they arranged for the arrival of large business delegations to the SBF. Thus, BiH businessmen will have the opportunity to meet with numerous foreign investors at the SBF on April 25 and 26, and try to establish contacts for exports, " Bukvić said, adding that the SBF will  be also promoted in Turkey, Kazakhstan and Morocco, as home countries of some of the most important businessmen who confirmed their attendance.

Senaida Turkić, President of the Association of Employers in Zenica, and Mirza Sikirić, Head of the ICC and the Center for Entrepreneurship of the Zenica Development Agency ZEDA, discussed the opportunities and potentials of the economy of the Zenica region.

Emir Pašić, Head of the Center for International and EU Fund Cooperation, described the best ways to use the opportunity to present your business at the SBF.

Emil Kučković, Executive Director of LRC, presented a detailed overview of economic trends in the Zenica-Doboj Canton (ZDK). The analysis showed that the ZDK recorded growth based on numerous parameters. From 2014 to 2016, there was an increase in the number of companies operating in this area, from 2.484 to 2.651, which is a growth of 4 percent. In the same period, the number of employees grew by 3.816, i.e. by 9 percent. When it comes to fast growing companies, 90 out of a total of 667 Bosnian companies that can boast of rapid growth are operating in the ZDK, i.e. 13 percent of them.

The leading industry in this canton is the processing industry with 2.2 billion KM in revenues and 23.474 employees in 2016. Food production is another important factor in the development of the Canton, with 73 companies operating in it and generating revenues in the amount of 452.4 million KM in 2016.

Today, companies such as Biss Tours, Aksa and Almy from Zenica, Voćar Piramida from Visoko and Willona from Kakanj presented their success stories. One of them involves Dženan Vilić who returned to BiH after his education in Ireland in order to take over the family company which now exports to five European countries as well as to England. The average age of employees in his company is 23. CEO of Voćar company, Sulejman Selimović, returned to BiH and started his business, although he could work abroad as a university-educated electrical engineer.

The round table on "How to Increase the Competitivenessof Economy in the Zenica Region" was held in Zenica as part of the series of events organized by BBI VIP Business Club and BBI Bank with the aim of strengthening the overall BiH economy and competitiveness of BiH products on international markets.

The round table was organized in cooperation with the Chamber of Economy of the FBiH, the Chamber of Economy of Zenica Doboj Canton and the ZEDA Zenica Development Agency. The event was attended by more than 70 leading businessmen from this region.

"BBI Bank is committed to stimulating development of the economy and creating great business environment. In cooperation with the local communities, we have already created subsidized financing lines and made it possible for businessmen to have access to affordable sources of funding. Also, for the ninth year in a row, we are organizing Sarajevo Business Forum, as an investment conference aimed at bringing local entrepreneurs closer to international markets," said Amer Bukvić, President of the Management Board of BBI Bank in his introductory address. He added that only joint efforts and mutual support can help local businesses become competitive on the markets outside of BiH.

"BBI Bank representatives have just returned from Bahrain and Oman where they arranged for the arrival of large business delegations to the SBF. Thus, BiH businessmen will have the opportunity to meet with numerous foreign investors at the SBF on April 25 and 26, and try to establish contacts for exports, " Bukvić said, adding that the SBF will  be also promoted in Turkey, Kazakhstan and Morocco, as home countries of some of the most important businessmen who confirmed their attendance.

Senaida Turkić, President of the Association of Employers in Zenica, and Mirza Sikirić, Head of the ICC and the Center for Entrepreneurship of the Zenica Development Agency ZEDA, discussed the opportunities and potentials of the economy of the Zenica region.

Emir Pašić, Head of the Center for International and EU Fund Cooperation, described the best ways to use the opportunity to present your business at the SBF.

Emil Kučković, Executive Director of LRC, presented a detailed overview of economic trends in the Zenica-Doboj Canton (ZDK). The analysis showed that the ZDK recorded growth based on numerous parameters. From 2014 to 2016, there was an increase in the number of companies operating in this area, from 2.484 to 2.651, which is a growth of 4 percent. In the same period, the number of employees grew by 3.816, i.e. by 9 percent. When it comes to fast growing companies, 90 out of a total of 667 Bosnian companies that can boast of rapid growth are operating in the ZDK, i.e. 13 percent of them.

The leading industry in this canton is the processing industry with 2.2 billion KM in revenues and 23.474 employees in 2016. Food production is another important factor in the development of the Canton, with 73 companies operating in it and generating revenues in the amount of 452.4 million KM in 2016.

Today, companies such as Biss Tours, Aksa and Almy from Zenica, Voćar Piramida from Visoko and Willona from Kakanj presented their success stories. One of them involves Dženan Vilić who returned to BiH after his education in Ireland in order to take over the family company which now exports to five European countries as well as to England. The average age of employees in his company is 23. CEO of Voćar company, Sulejman Selimović, returned to BiH and started his business, although he could work abroad as a university-educated electrical engineer.

The round table on "How to Increase the Competitivenessof Economy in the Zenica Region" was held in Zenica as part of the series of events organized by BBI VIP Business Club and BBI Bank with the aim of strengthening the overall BiH economy and competitiveness of BiH products on international markets.

The round table was organized in cooperation with the Chamber of Economy of the FBiH, the Chamber of Economy of Zenica Doboj Canton and the ZEDA Zenica Development Agency. The event was attended by more than 70 leading businessmen from this region.

"BBI Bank is committed to stimulating development of the economy and creating great business environment. In cooperation with the local communities, we have already created subsidized financing lines and made it possible for businessmen to have access to affordable sources of funding. Also, for the ninth year in a row, we are organizing Sarajevo Business Forum, as an investment conference aimed at bringing local entrepreneurs closer to international markets," said Amer Bukvić, President of the Management Board of BBI Bank in his introductory address. He added that only joint efforts and mutual support can help local businesses become competitive on the markets outside of BiH.

"BBI Bank representatives have just returned from Bahrain and Oman where they arranged for the arrival of large business delegations to the SBF. Thus, BiH businessmen will have the opportunity to meet with numerous foreign investors at the SBF on April 25 and 26, and try to establish contacts for exports, " Bukvić said, adding that the SBF will  be also promoted in Turkey, Kazakhstan and Morocco, as home countries of some of the most important businessmen who confirmed their attendance.

Senaida Turkić, President of the Association of Employers in Zenica, and Mirza Sikirić, Head of the ICC and the Center for Entrepreneurship of the Zenica Development Agency ZEDA, discussed the opportunities and potentials of the economy of the Zenica region.

Emir Pašić, Head of the Center for International and EU Fund Cooperation, described the best ways to use the opportunity to present your business at the SBF.

Emil Kučković, Executive Director of LRC, presented a detailed overview of economic trends in the Zenica-Doboj Canton (ZDK). The analysis showed that the ZDK recorded growth based on numerous parameters. From 2014 to 2016, there was an increase in the number of companies operating in this area, from 2.484 to 2.651, which is a growth of 4 percent. In the same period, the number of employees grew by 3.816, i.e. by 9 percent. When it comes to fast growing companies, 90 out of a total of 667 Bosnian companies that can boast of rapid growth are operating in the ZDK, i.e. 13 percent of them.

The leading industry in this canton is the processing industry with 2.2 billion KM in revenues and 23.474 employees in 2016. Food production is another important factor in the development of the Canton, with 73 companies operating in it and generating revenues in the amount of 452.4 million KM in 2016.

Today, companies such as Biss Tours, Aksa and Almy from Zenica, Voćar Piramida from Visoko and Willona from Kakanj presented their success stories. One of them involves Dženan Vilić who returned to BiH after his education in Ireland in order to take over the family company which now exports to five European countries as well as to England. The average age of employees in his company is 23. CEO of Voćar company, Sulejman Selimović, returned to BiH and started his business, although he could work abroad as a university-educated electrical engineer.

Today's meeting was intended for the representatives of the business sector and companies from the regions of Zenica and the Zenica-Doboj Canton. The aim was to exchange experiences from international markets, define priority economy sectors for promotion to partners from abroad, and provide key guidelines to exporters and companies.

Round table included presentation of the opportunities for providing support to the businessmen from the Zenica region by Bosna Bank International (BBI) Sarajevo. Also, the participants were informed about the activities and benefits of membership in the BBI VIP Business Club, which operates as a part of the BBI Bank.  They were also familiarized with the opportunities for presenting projects and business opportunities for cooperation to potential investors and business partners from abroad and BiH at the 9th International Business - Investment Conference Sarajevo Business Forum (SBF) 2018.

Also, a new online platform for promoting companies and business projects and arranging business (B2B) meetings with potential partners and associates was presented. 

Today's meeting was intended for the representatives of the business sector and companies from the regions of Zenica and the Zenica-Doboj Canton. The aim was to exchange experiences from international markets, define priority economy sectors for promotion to partners from abroad, and provide key guidelines to exporters and companies.

Round table included presentation of the opportunities for providing support to the businessmen from the Zenica region by Bosna Bank International (BBI) Sarajevo. Also, the participants were informed about the activities and benefits of membership in the BBI VIP Business Club, which operates as a part of the BBI Bank.  They were also familiarized with the opportunities for presenting projects and business opportunities for cooperation to potential investors and business partners from abroad and BiH at the 9th International Business - Investment Conference Sarajevo Business Forum (SBF) 2018.

Also, a new online platform for promoting companies and business projects and arranging business (B2B) meetings with potential partners and associates was presented. 

Today's meeting was intended for the representatives of the business sector and companies from the regions of Zenica and the Zenica-Doboj Canton. The aim was to exchange experiences from international markets, define priority economy sectors for promotion to partners from abroad, and provide key guidelines to exporters and companies.

Round table included presentation of the opportunities for providing support to the businessmen from the Zenica region by Bosna Bank International (BBI) Sarajevo. Also, the participants were informed about the activities and benefits of membership in the BBI VIP Business Club, which operates as a part of the BBI Bank.  They were also familiarized with the opportunities for presenting projects and business opportunities for cooperation to potential investors and business partners from abroad and BiH at the 9th International Business - Investment Conference Sarajevo Business Forum (SBF) 2018.

Also, a new online platform for promoting companies and business projects and arranging business (B2B) meetings with potential partners and associates was presented.